lunes, 25 de julio de 2011

If you only walk long enough...

Los lunes son los días mas pesados del mundo, sin embargo, me las arreglé para encontrar un momento surrealista, que me llevó a reencontrarme con un libro maravilloso.

Conversacion divertida con amigo escocés, Ross.

Leonor:          Ross, can you give me a lift to this offsite meeting tomorrow?
Ross:             Of course, just tell me the address.
Leonor:          50 Calle del Eco
Ross:             How do I get there?
Leonor:          From your house, drive to the traffic light, then turn right, then when you don’t see a big tree, turn left.
Ross:              How do I suppose to see a missing tree?
Leonor:           Well, you see, in Venezuela, addresses are like that, turn left at the liquor shop and then left at the mango tree.
Ross:              But, if there was a mango tres, at least I got a chance to find an address, but with a tree that doesn’t exist, I don’t have a prayer.
Leonor:           Well then, you just ask someone to tell you where the unexistent tree is, then you turn left. If you pass the missing tree, then go back a block.
Ross:               But I will never be able to know If I pass a tree that is not there.
Leonor:            (Laughs.......Risas…) I am sure you'll find it, if you are lost enough!

Mas risas... pero lo divino de esta conversación es que me recordó la de Alicia y el Gato Chesire,  así que salí a buscar el libro de Alicia en el Pais de las Maravillas que tengo como referencia obligada en mi biblioteca. 

Transcribo la conversación de Alicia y el Cheshire Cat en ingles:


"Cheshire Puss,
 'she began, rather timidly, as she did not at all know whether it would like the name:
 however, it only grinned a little wider.
 'Come, it's pleased so far,' thought Alice, and she went on, 
" Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
' That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
' I don't much care where ' said Alice.
'Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.
'so long as I get somewhere,' Alice added as an explanation.
'Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat,' if you only walk long enough.'

Lewis Carroll

Esta conversación, alegro mi aburrido día en la oficina como por arte de magia....


1 comentario:

  1. Aunque no domino el inglés lo entendí a grandes rasgos, al menos encontraste tu momento bueno en un día así, felicidades.

    ResponderBorrar

Tu comentario es siempre apreciado. Gracias!